Make your very own journal with this beautifully curated Long Stitch Binding toolkit. This kit is the ultimate gift for planner lovers, DIYers, writers and aspiring bookbinders. This binding style is popular for creating photo albums, guest books and journals – the book can be made with leather and faux leather (softcover), or as a hardcover album.
This sewing method creates visible line patterns on the spine and can easily be adapted to create a variety of other patterns, adding to the decorative appeal of the book.
This toolkit includes all the necessary tools and materials to get you started on your bookbinding journey.
This toolkit allows you to make one A5 book measuring approximately 10.5 x 14.8cm/ 4.1 x 5.8”.
The toolkit includes:
- 1 piece of faux leather (170 x 335mm)
- 1 faux leather belt (20 x 400mm)
- 36 sheets of A4 paper – when cut in half, you’ll have 72 sheets of A5 paper measuring 148 x 210mm
- 1 sheet of A6 kraft paper (105 x 148mm)
- 1 30cm wooden ruler
- 1 long plastic bone folder (205 x 24mm)
- 1 short plastic bone folder (120 x 24mm)
- 1 craft awl
- 1 pair of pliers
- 1 pack of round-point needles (24 needles per pack)
- 1 natural beeswax round (5g)
- 2 cotton thread lines (black and off-white – 5m each)
- Long Stitch Binding Tutorial in PDF format (please note that you will receive a link to download the tutorial – no physical tutorial is included in the toolkit). The tutorial consists of 29 full-colored pages with 80-plus photo-instructions and illustrations.
All rights reserved. This tutorial, including all photos, illustrations and instructions, is strictly for personal use and may not be resold, redistributed or shared under any circumstances.
This product is a combination of a physical and a digital product. No refunds or exchanges on the tutorial will be granted. For refunds or exchanges, the value of the digital product will be subtracted.
© The Siam Bindery