Make your very own A5 faux leather journal with this Double Cross Stitch Binding toolkit. This kit is particularly suited for beginner bookbinders and crafters who enjoy working with leather, faux leather and suede fabric.
Double Cross Stitch Binding is a variation of long stitch binding in which a text block gets hand-sewn to a piece of leather leaving the book’s spine exposed. This binding method can easily be adapted to create a variety of shapes and patterns on the spine, adding to the decorative appeal of the book.
This toolkit includes all the necessary tools and materials to get you started on your bookbinding journey.
This toolkit allows you to make one A5 book measuring approximately 21.3 x 15.2cm / 8.4 x 6″.
The toolkit includes:
- 1 piece of faux leather (230 x 370mm)
- 48 sheets of A4 paper (210 x 297mm)
- 1 sheet of A5 Kraft paper (148 x 210mm)
- 2 cotton thread lines (black and off-white – 5m each)
- 1 30cm wooden ruler
- 1 short plastic bone folder (120 x 24mm)
- 1 long plastic bone folder (205 x 24mm)
- 1 craft awl
- 1 pair of pliers
- 1 natural beeswax round (5g)
- 1 pack of round-point needles (24 needles per pack)
- Double Cross Stitch Binding Tutorial in PDF format (please note that you will receive a link to download the tutorial – no physical tutorial is included in the toolkit). The tutorial consists of 30 full-colored pages with 85-plus photo-instructions and illustrations.
All rights reserved. This tutorial, including all photos, illustrations and instructions, is strictly for personal use and may not be resold, redistributed or shared under any circumstances.
This product is a combination of a physical and a digital product. No refunds or exchanges on the tutorial will be granted. For refunds or exchanges, the value of the digital product will be subtracted.
© The Siam Bindery