Make your very own A6 journal with this well-curated Cross Stitch Binding toolkit. This kit is particularly suited for beginner bookbinders and crafters who enjoy working with leather, faux leather and suede fabric. For leather workers, this toolkit teaches how to sew signatures/paper to leather, creating a notebook with a cross-patterned style. The notebook design can be easily altered to create books that serve multiple purposes.
This toolkit includes all the necessary tools and materials to get you started on your bookbinding journey.
This toolkit allows you to make one A6 notebook measuring approximately 10.5 x 14.8cm / 4.1 x 5.8”.
The toolkit includes:
- 1 piece of faux leather (170 x 335mm)
- 1 faux suede cord line (1.5m)
- 1 vintage key charm
- 24 sheets of A4 paper – when cut in half, you’ll have 48 sheets of A5 paper measuring 148 x 210mm
- 1 sheet of A6 Kraft paper (105 x 148mm)
- 3 cotton thread lines (red, off-white and yellow – 5m each)
- 1 30cm wooden ruler
- 1 short plastic bone folder (120 x 24mm)
- 1 long plastic bone folder (205 x 24mm)
- 1 craft awl
- 1 pair of pliers
- 1 pack of round-point needles (24 needles per pack)
- 1 natural beeswax round (5g)
- Cross Stitch Binding Tutorial in PDF format (please note that you will receive a link to download the tutorial – no physical tutorial is included in the toolkit). The tutorial consists of 27 full-colored pages with 70-plus photo-instructions and illustrations.
All rights reserved. This tutorial, including all photos, illustrations and instructions, is strictly for personal use and may not be resold, redistributed or shared under any circumstances.
This product is a combination of a physical and a digital product. No refunds or exchanges on the tutorial will be granted. For refunds or exchanges, the value of the digital product will be subtracted.
© The Siam Bindery