This toolkit offers bookbinders, crafters and DIYers the opportunity to learn a variation on the traditional Coptic Stitch Binding technique. The traditional Coptic Stitch Binding method has been used since as early at the second century A.D. by the Copts, early Christians in Ancient Egypt. As time evolved, various variations on the traditional Coptic style emerged, this style being one of them.
The Coptic Weave Binding toolkit includes all the necessary tools and materials to make a notebook measuring 21.3 x 15.2cm / 8.4 x 6″.
This toolkit allows you to make one A5 hardcover notebook measuring 21.3 x 15.2cm / 8.4 x 6″.
The toolkit includes:
- 1 sheet of cork paper OR fabric of your choice (300 x 450mm)
- 2 3mm book covers (153 x 211mm)
- 48 sheets of A4 paper
- 2 sheets of A5 Kraft paper (148 x 210mm)
- 2 cotton thread lines (light blue and off-white – 5m each)
- 1 ribbon lines (grey – 300mm)
- 1 wooden ruler
- 1 long plastic bone folder (205 x 24mm)
- 1 short plastic bone folder (120 x 24mm)
- 1 wooden glue brush
- 1 bookbinding adhesive (60ml)
- 1 craft awl
- 1 natural beeswax round (5g)
- 1 pack of round-point needles (24 needles per pack)
- Coptic Weave Binding Tutorial in PDF format (please note that you will receive a link to download the tutorial – no physical tutorial is included in the toolkit). The tutorial consists of 40 full-colored pages with 130-plus photo-instructions and illustrations.
All rights reserved. This tutorial, including all photos, illustrations and instructions, is strictly for personal use and may not be resold, redistributed or shared under any circumstances.
This product is a combination of a physical and a digital product. No refunds or exchanges on the tutorial will be granted. For refunds or exchanges, the value of the digital product will be subtracted.
© The Siam Bindery