Make your very own A5 journal with this beautifully curated Coptic Stitch Binding toolkit. This kit is the ultimate gift for planner lovers, DIYers, writers and aspiring bookbinders. It provides a good foundation to exposed-spine binding (unlike case-bound books, the spine of a Coptic journal is beautifully exposed).
This binding style is perfect for creating photo albums, guest books and sketchbooks – the book is very flexible and can be opened a full 360 degrees without damaging the book’s spine. This makes writing/ sketching/ painting in the book very convenient.
This toolkit allows you to make one A5 Coptic-bound hardcover notebook measuring 21.2 x 15.4cm / 8.34 x 6.06 inches.
The toolkit includes:
– 2 3mm cork or bamboo book covers of your choice
– 8 signatures for the text block – in total, your journal will have 256 pages front-back.
– 1 sheet of A6 Kraft paper to make a measuring template
– 2 pre-waxed cotton thread lines (5m each) – you are welcome to select any 2 thread colours. Let us know in the “Order notes (optional)” section at check out. If you do not have a color preference, we will match the colors to the book covers that you had chosen.
– 6 bookbinding needles
– 1 craft awl
– Coptic Stitch Binding Tutorial in PDF format (please note that you will receive a link to download the tutorial – no physical tutorial is included in the toolkit). The tutorial consists of 39 full-colored pages with 125-plus photo-instructions and illustrations.
All rights reserved. This tutorial, including all photos, illustrations and instructions, is strictly for personal use and may not be resold, redistributed or shared under any circumstances.
This product is a combination of a physical and a digital product. No refunds or exchanges on the tutorial will be granted. For refunds or exchanges, the value of the digital product will be subtracted.
© The Siam Bindery