The Siam Bindery Long Stitch Binding Tutorial
With this carefully-compiled Long Stitch Binding tutorial, you’re on your way to creating your very own journal using a variation on the traditional method.
The gift that keeps on giving – make a journal, and learn the process to continue making more.
100% beginner-friendly – some bookbinding experience advantageous
Perfect for first-time bookbinders, artists, DIYers and journal keepers
Carefully curated by hand-bookbinders for you
37 full-colored pages
115-plus photo-instructions and illustrations
In this tutorial, we illustrate a variation on the Long Stitch method. With the traditional method dating back as far as the 13th century BC, Long Stitch binding remains a popular due to the versatility it offers: it allows for a variety of leather, fabric and paper mediums to choose from, and the spine can be easily designed, altered and created. Stitching the text block to a piece of leather, this sewing method creates visible long and chain stitch patterns on the spine adding to the decorative appeal of the book.
This easy-to-follow guide illustrates how to make an A5-sized journal with a variation on the traditional Long Stitch method. The book measures approximately 14.8 x 21 cm / 5.8 x 8.3″ and has a spine measuring 4.5cm / 1.78″ in width. The book consists of 15 signatures and has 300 pages front-back/ 150 pages single-sided.
What you get
You will receive 1 PDF file, 5.03MB. This tutorial consists of 37 full-colored pages with 115-plus photo-instructions and illustrations.
Please note that this is an e-product. No physical product will be shipped.
All rights reserved. This tutorial, including all photos, illustrations and instructions, is strictly for personal use and may not be resold, redistributed or shared under any circumstances.
Because of the nature of the product being a digital product, no refunds or exchanges will be granted.
© The Siam Bindery
- Suede Fabric Set A5 | 21.5 x 45cm | 7 Sheets
- Long Stitch Binding Toolkit | Leather Bookbinding Toolkit | DIY Leather Craft | Make Your Own Journal | 6 x 4.25” / 15.3 x 10.8cm ฿890.00 – ฿990.00
- Coptic Weave Binding Toolkit | DIY Book Art | Exposed Spine Binding | Make Your Own Traditional A5 Journal | 8.3 x 6″ / 21.1 x 15.3cm ฿1,290.00
- Thread for Bookbinding - 100 yards / 91.44m per roll Rated 5 out of 5by jen99douglass
- The Siam Bindery Long Stitch Binding Tutorial Rated 5 out of 5by jen99douglass
- Long Stitch Binding with a Chain Stitch Variation Tutorial Rated 5 out of 5by bug070