Coptic Weave Binding Tutorial
Can’t find a notebook that fits your needs? Make one yourself!
With this carefully-compiled Coptic Weave bookbinding tutorial you’re on your way to creating your very own notebook using a variation on the traditional Coptic hand-bookbinding technique.
The gift that keeps on giving – make a journal, and learn the process to continue making more.
100% beginner-friendly – no previous bookbinding experience required
Perfect for first-time bookbinders, artists, DIYers and journal keepers.
Carefully curated by hand-bookbinders for you 40 full-colored pages
130-plus photo-instructions and illustrations
This binding style is a variation on the traditional Coptic Stitch Binding teqnique and perfect for creating photo albums, guest books, sketchbooks, journals and notebooks.
The traditional Coptic Stitch Binding method has been used since as early at the second century A.D. by the Copts, early Christians in Ancient Egypt. As the time evolved, various variations on traditional binding methods emerged, this style being one of them.
This easy-to-follow guide illustrates how to make an A5-sized Coptic stitch journal with paired needles. The journal measures 5.9 x 8.4″ / 15 x 21.3cm; however, the size of the journal can be easily adapted to create large photo albums, or smaller pocket-size notebooks. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to identify the parts of a book, prepare the various book parts for binding, as well the sewing technique to create a Coptic Weave Stitch journal.
What you get
You will receive 1 PDF file, 5.98 MB. This tutorial consists of 40 full-colored pages with 130-plus photo-instructions and illustrations.
Please note that this is an e-product. No physical product will be shipped.
All rights reserved. This tutorial, including all photos, illustrations and instructions, is strictly for personal use and may not be resold, redistributed or shared under any circumstances.
Because of the nature of the product being a digital product, no refunds or exchanges will be granted.
© The Siam Bindery
- Long Stitch Binding Toolkit | Leather Bookbinding Toolkit | DIY Leather Craft | Make Your Own Journal | 6 x 4.25” / 15.3 x 10.8cm ฿712.00 – ฿792.00
- Papermaking Toolkit Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Coptic Weave Binding Toolkit | DIY Book Art | Exposed Spine Binding | Make Your Own Traditional A5 Journal | 8.3 x 6″ / 21.1 x 15.3cm
- Thread for Bookbinding - 100 yards / 91.44m per roll Rated 5 out of 5by jen99douglass
- The Siam Bindery Long Stitch Binding Tutorial Rated 5 out of 5by jen99douglass
- Long Stitch Binding with a Chain Stitch Variation Tutorial Rated 5 out of 5by bug070