Learn how to create your very own journal with this beautifully curated Daisy Stitch Runner toolkit. This sewing method creates beautifully connecting daisy petals on the book’s spine. This binding method is popular in embroidery and has been adapted to bookbinding and leather work.
This toolkit includes all the necessary tools and materials to get you started on your bookbinding journey.
What’s in the Box?
This toolkit allows you to make one A6 book measuring approximately 15.3 x 10.8cm / 6 x 4.25”.
- 1 piece of microfiber or authentic leather (31.5 x 15.3cm / 12.4 x 6″)
(Choose between 10 vegan/microfiber leather colors. Upgrade to receive a beautiful piece of brown authentic leather.)
- 1 matching microfiber or leather strap (80cm x 1cm / 2.62ft x 0.4″)
(When selecting microfiber leather, you will receive an accompanying strap in the same color. When upgrading to brown leather, you will receive an authentic leather strap.
- 1 vintage key charm
- 10 sheets of A4 paper – when cut in half, you’ll have 20 sheets of A5 paper measuring 21 x 14.8cm / 8.26 x 5.82″
- 1 sheet of A6 kraft paper (14.8 x 10.5cm / 5.82 x 4.13″)
- 1 cotton thread roll for bookbinding in dark brown (91.44m / 100yd.)
- 1 30cm / 12″ wooden ruler
- 1 long plastic bone folder (20.5 x 2.4cm / 8.07 x 0.94″)
- 1 short plastic bone folder (12 x 2.4cm / 4.72 x 0.94″)
- 1 craft awl
- 1 pair of pliers
- 1 natural beeswax block (15g / 0.53oz)
- 1 pack of round-point bookbinding needles (24 needles per pack)
- Daisy Runner Binding Tutorial in PDF format (please note that you will receive a link to download the tutorial – no physical tutorial is included in the toolkit). The tutorial consists of 25 full-colored pages with 70-plus photo-instructions and illustrations. Our tutorials are available in English only.
Package weight: 625g / 1.38lb
What is Microfiber Leather?
Microfiber leather is produced when high grade polyurethane resin and ultra fine microfiber bundles are combined together to mimic the microscopic structure of leather. The technique used to produce microfiber leather results in an end product that mimics the structure, aesthetic and feeling of genuine leather. This makes microfiber a beautiful, high-quality and vegan-friendly product.
Benefits of microfiber:
- Smooth-to-the-touch, with a luxurious texture
- Superior durability (water and dust-resistant)
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Eco-friendly – it is pesticide-free and made with recycled and biomass-derived polymers
Upgrade to Real Leather
When upgrading to real leather, you will receive a matching authentic leather strap.
The leather is hand-cut from a full hide – we do not use leather off-cuts. Do note that, because leather is a natural product, there might be some lines or marks on the leather. This adds to the charm of the leather.
The leather is approximately 1.4mm / 0.05″ thick.
Choose Your Paper Type
Select your paper option at check-out. Choose between:
- Blank white paper (90gsm)
- Blank off-white paper (80gsm). This paper is referred to as “Safe Eye” paper. It places less strain on the eyes when writing/reading.
- Lined (90gsm)
- Graph (90gsm)
Customize Your Journal
Now you can personalize your journal cover with your name, initials or a word of up to 10 characters.
Please note that if you select microfiber leather for your journal, your preferred text will be stamped directly onto the microfiber leather in the bottom-left corner.
If you select real leather, your preferred text will be stamped on a “Brown” microfiber name tag which you can attach to the leather by yourself. The width of the tag is 1.5cm. If you prefer a different tag color, add a note in the “Add a note to The Siam Bindery Shop (optional)” box at checkout. We offer the following 5 colors: Cedar Brown, Brown, Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue and Black.
Font: Avenir Roman, UPPER CASE
If you would like to have a 🖤 stamped, please copy it here and paste it in the personalization box.